Mind the peanuts!

Luiz Carlos Santos Jr ©

It was late in the afternoon when we arrived at the top of Ngorogoro Crater to camp before going down on the next day. With an altitude of 2.400 m, it was noticeable either the thin air, as well as the temperature, especially over night. 

Our visit started to be interesting when the guide told us not to leave any food or even tooth paste inside the tent, as wild pigs and elephants would come to investigate and chase our tents, which wouldn't be a pleasant experience. Together with the instructions we were also told that the night before lions were surrounding the camp! Very motivating!

After checking every little pocket inside my bags, where I found peanuts I have taken from the airplane, I had my dinner and went straight to bed. I always knew that elephants and peanuts would match and I was quite pleased to find it before going sleep. 

The day after our wake up call was at 5 am as we had to put tents down and leave before 6:30am. 
While we were going down, I could fell the beauty and energy of that magic and unforgettable place called Ngorongoro Crater. 

Once we were inside the crater, the beautiful views of landscape and animals all over the places was continuously till the time we returned back up. 

Comentários